Used Electric Vehicle Incentive
The Used EV Incentive program is coming to an end. Our current funding allotment has been reached. We will receive our next allotment in January 2021. Any claims submitted on or after November 12, 2020 will be processed on a case by case basis.
Ontario drivers qualify for $1,000 toward the purchase of a used fully electric and $500 toward the purchase of a used plug-in hybrid.
Step One: Attend a Used EV Seminar
This seminar is free to attend and covers an overview of Canada’s EV industry, the advantages of electric transportation and things to watch out for when shopping for a used EV.
Step Two: Purchase a used EV
All used fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric cars with a re-sale sticker price below $50,000 CDN qualify. You can purchase your EV from any country, province, website, dealership or private seller, so long as you register and insure it in Ontario.
Step Three: Claim Your Incentive
Email a copy of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Bill of Sale
- Proof of Insurance
- Vehicle Registration
- Seminar Certificate (This gets emailed to you after you have attended the seminar)
Used EV Seminars
These seminars cover the basics behind the environmental and economic advantages of electric transportation, help you decide whether a fully electric or plug-in hybrid electric car is right for you and make you aware of some things to be mindful of when shopping for a used EV.
There are no upcoming seminar dates at this time.
Find Your Used EV
All used fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric cars with a re-sale sticker price below $50,000 CDN qualify, so long as it is registered and insured in Ontario.
Here are some classifieds websites that can help you find your used EV:
These websites have been provided here as a resource, but you are free to purchase your used EV from any dealership, private seller or other classifieds website.
Canadian Electric Car Fast Facts
- This incentive is open to Ontario residents only
- All fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric cars with a resale sticker price below $50,000 are eligible
- This incentive runs from April 14, 2019 on until the funding exhausted.
- This program is brought to you by Plug'n Drive, in collaboration with Clean Air Partnership.
- This program is made possible thanks to the support of the M. H. Brigham Foundation
Used EV Incentive Webinars
Attend a Used EV Incentive WebinarSearch Events