Used Electric Vehicle Incentive
Get $1,000 Off Your Used EV Purchase
The used electric vehicle (EV) marketplace is on the rise. Plug’n Drive, in collaboration with Clean Air Partnership, and made possible thanks to the support of the M. H. Brigham Foundation, brings you the Used EV Incentive program. All Ontario drivers qualify for $1,000 off a used fully electric or plug-in hybrid electric car with a re-sale sticker price below $50,000 CDN that was purchased on or after April 14, 2019. To qualify for the incentive, you need to complete the following steps:
Attend a Used EV Incentive Seminar
NOTE: It does not matter in what order you purchase your used EV and attend the seminar as long as both are completed within one year of each other.
This seminar is free to attend and takes approximately one hour. It covers the basics behind Canada’s electric vehicle industry, the advantages of electric transportation and what to look for when shopping for a used electric car. All Used EV Incentive seminars are being offered via webinar.
At this time, there are no scheduled dates for the next Used EV Incentive seminar. Please email email@example.com to be added to an email notification list.
Purchase a Used EV
All used fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric cars with a re-sale sticker price below $50,000 CDN qualify. You can purchase your EV from any country, province, website, dealership or private seller so long as you register and insure it in Ontario.
Claim Your Incentive
Email a photocopy, scan or photo of the following documents to usedEVincentive@plugndrive.ca:
- Bill of Sale
- Insurance Certificate
- Vehicle Registration
- Used EV seminar certificate. (This certificate is emailed to you after you attend the webinar. Note that you cannot attend the webinar and apply for the incentive on someone else’s behalf. The person whose name will be on the registration and insurance, must be the same person who attends the webinar.)
Used EV Seminars
These seminars will cover the basics behind the environmental and economic advantages of electric transportation, help you decide whether a fully electric or plug-in hybrid electric car is right for you and make you aware of some things to be mindful of when shopping for a used EV.
Used EV seminars are held via webinar.
Upcoming Seminar Dates
Thursday, September 17, 3 PM
Find Your Used EV
All used fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles with a re-sale sticker price below $50,000 qualify for the incentive. There are many classifieds websites that can help you browse used electric cars in your area, including:
These websites have been provided here as a resource, but you are free to purchase your EV from wherever you like (dealership, personal seller, friend/family member, other classifieds website, etc.).
If you are having trouble finding your perfect match, email your preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will forward your specifications to a licensed used car dealership who will do their best to find your perfect match.
Canadian Electric Car Fast Facts
- This incentive is open to Ontario residents only
- All fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric cars with a resale sticker price below $50,000 are eligible
- This incentive runs from April 14, 2019 on until the funding exhausted.
- This program is brought to you by Plug'n Drive, in collaboration with Clean Air Partnership.
- This program is made possible thanks to the support of the M. H. Brigham Foundation
Used EV Incentive Webinars
Attend a Used EV Incentive WebinarSearch Events