About Plug’n Drive
Plug’n Drive is a non-profit organization committed to accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles in order to maximize their environmental and economic benefits. Since 2011, Plug’n Drive has established itself as a leader in the electric vehicle industry, a trusted and unbiased source of information on electric cars, charging stations and the electricity sector.
To be Canada’s champion for electric transportation.
Electric Vehicle Discovery Centre
The Electric Vehicle Discovery Centre is the first facility of its kind in the world dedicated to providing an experiential learning environment for electric vehicles. At the Discovery Centre, visitors can discover the environmental and economic benefits of electric transportation, learn about charging and take test drives in the latest EV makes and models from leading manufacturers in a sales-free no-pressure environment.
The Electric Vehicle Discovery Centre also doubles as an event venue. If you are looking for a twist on your corporate meetings, workshops and/or receptions contact us to discover how we can accommodate your special event needs.
Electric Vehicle Roadshow
The Electric Vehicle Roadshow has taken Plug’n Drive across Ontario on a campaign to increase public awareness of electric vehicles by participating in trade shows, conferences and community events across the province.
Plug’n Drive thanks our Electric Vehicle Roadshow sponsor:
Electric Vehicles (EVs) offer numerous economic and environmental benefits to employers and employees.
From reducing operating costs, to performance advantages to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, EVs are the future of transportation.
Charge My Car
Charge My Car is a partnership between Plug’n Drive and Ontario’s electricity distributors. It is your one-stop-shop for home charger purchase and installation. Charge My Car offers Canada’s largest selection of home charging brands.
Electric Vehicle Owners Club
The Electric Vehicle Owners Club is set to learn from and support owners of all brands of EV. By joining and participating in polls and research studies, you will help us make the needs and wants of EV drivers known by municipal, provincial and federal governments.
Canadian Electric Car Fast Facts
- There are more than 110,000 electric cars on the road in Canada and counting
- Provincial incentives in British Columbia and Québec can save you up to $8,000 off your vehicle purchase and $750 off your home charging station
- Driving an electric car can save you between $1,500-$2,000 per year on fuel and maintenance
- Canada's electricity is clean with the majority of our power coming from hydro and nuclear
- Driving an electric car in Canada can reduce your vehicle's emissions by as much as 90%
- Canada has more than 5,000 public charging stations, 500+ of which are Level 3 fast chargers
- There are 35+ models available for sale in Canada with more on the way
Electric Vehicle Benefits
Electric vehicles save you money, reduce emissions and deliver top performance.EV Benefits