Nomination entries will be evaluated by a volunteer Judging Committee comprised of experts who are champions of EV adoption in Canada. The Judging Committee will use the criteria below to guide the evaluation of nomination entries. The decisions of the Judging Committee are discretionary and final.
CEA and Plug’n Drive may elect to present more than one award per category to reflect the diversity of outstanding submissions. CEA and Plug’n Drive reserve the right to declare an entry ineligible if, in the reasonable opinion of CEA and Plug’n Drive, the information provided is deficient, false, misleading or in non-compliance with the 2015 Nomination Guide.
The 2015 Judging Criteria is applicable for performance over the 2014 calendar year (January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014).
FIVE ELEMENTS, EACH WEIGHTED
The Judging Committee will consider five elements in its evaluation of nominations.
Each element has a recommended weight that establishes the relative value the 2014 Awards Program places on each element.
The elements include a combination of objective and subjective measures, many of which are not reportable in a standardized way. Therefore, the quality and clarity of supporting information supplied with nomination entries will assist the Judging Committee with decision-making.
1) EV Sales Volume | Weight 50%
2) EV Marketing | Weight 25%
3) EV-Related Community Events and Education | Weight 10%
4) Onsite Promotion | Weight 10%
Evidence of onsite efforts to promote EVs during the performance period such as:
- Estimated number of days for which EV inventory was available;
- Percentage of dealership sales staff trained to sell EVs;
- Quality of employee training;
- Visibility of promotional materials such as posters, pop-ups or other collateral materials;
- Other elements as appropriate.
5) Dealership Certification by Manufacturer | Weight 5%
Help spread the word